Welcome to the TRFSEF - and thank you for your commitment to the marvelous young people we serve. First-time judges are invited to an intro training at the RMSC on Thursday, March 14 6:00-7:00 p.m. Coffee, tea, and desserts will await you.
You will find on the Judges page at TerraFairs.org/Rochester these resources:
- Judges' Fair Day schedule
- Judging 101 - an overview of our fair's judging protocols and purposes
- RED rubric - the framework for judging the Research / Engineering Design projects
- Topic Presentation rubric - the 10-point scale guiding your evaluation of models, demos and lit reviews
- Sample Special Awards judging guidelines - two of the Special Awards judging sheets
You will train on Fair Day. Judge registration starts at 9:30a at the RMSC; you go immediately to the catered brunch sponsored this year by Exelon! Training begins promptly at 10:00a. After you preview your assigned projects, Maria G. Korsnick, President/CEO of the Nuclear Energy Institute, invites you to her Keynote Address. Then it's off to judging and deliberation. Expect to be heading home around 3:00p, with praises heaped upon you for the gift you've given of your time and talent to our students!